Global industry leaders will be met throughout the ‘Blockchain Technology and Digital Finance for Climate Change Empowerment’ webinar during Climate Week NYC 2020. This event will occur on September 24, 11:00 AM – 1 PM (EDT) under GloCha Global Challenges Foundation New York, Climate Chain Coalition, Evercity, and IAAI Klagenfurt. Official media partner – Cointelegraph.
The global climate emergency needs new thinking, resources, and structures for multi-stakeholder collaboration that will enable
all of society in a meaningful and satisfying way to become involved in climate action and SDGs. Blockchain technology and digital finance are vital enablers of monitoring, accounting, alignment, and incentivization of climate action. They are, therefore, the focus of this virtual event in the sense of NYC 2020 Climate Week, which aims to:
- In terms of climate action, specific information about the latest trends and developments should be provided in blockchain technology and digital finance.
- To present work and solutions for climate action, provide a showcase for global leaders in digital finance and blockchain.
The event’s keynote speakers will include:
- Simon Zadek, Head, Secretariat, Secretary Generalâ€™s Task Force on Digital Financing of the SDGs, Executive Office of the Administrator, UNDP),
- Andrew Eil, Focal Point, Climate Investment Platform & Climate Finance Specialist Sub-Team: Energy, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP,
- Pierre Telep, Climate Finance Mitigation Expert, African development Bank,
- Marc Taverner, Executive Director of INATBA,
- Tom Baumann, co-chair CCC & co-chair INATBA Climate Action WG,
- Xiaochen Zhang, President, FinTech4Good, Executive Council, UN ESCAP ESBN,
- Miroslav Polzer, GloCha Fdt NY & IAAI, CCC EU & D2I2 Team lead, co-focal point of the Digital Innovation Community within the UNFCCC process,
- Alexey Shadrin, Evercity.io & CCC Digital Finance Team Leader.
Kristina Lucrezia CornÃ¨r, managing editor of Cointelegraph-an independent global media organization with editors and journalists worldwide, will moderate the debate, reporting 24/7 for the benefit of the world’s largest cryptocurrency and blockchain audience.